Friday, August 03, 2007

Windy City Blues

Still feeling puny, after a midweek virus of some kind wiped me out for two days. I think I pulled my ribcage puking on Wednesday. I can't believe how sapped I still am. The fact that I couldn't keep coffee down for three days didn't help, adding a splitting headache to the trauma. Anyway...

Barring (another) complete disaster, a week from now I'll be relaxing in Chicago for Wizard World. Relaxing may seem a strange term for it, but I don't plan on doing much more than hanging with friends and forgetting my troubles for a few days.

I'm driving down on Thursday with Jeremy Haun and Jason Hurley. Jeremy has a hard-on to set up for Preview Night, so he'd like to leave at the crack of dawn on Thursday morning. Me, I'd just assume take our time and head directly for the Hala Kahiki (assuming it's not besieged by Bendis Boarders) and suck down a few tropical drinks before hitting the hotel lobby and catching up with friends. If, by some miracle, we do get there in time to set up for Preview Night, I suppose I'll hang out at the con a bit. I honestly don't get the point of Preview Night in Chicago, but, whatever.

At the moment I'm trying to get the first three issues of '76 lettered so I can put together a proper preview book for the show. If I had the budget, I'd burn a few copies of the first issue soundtrack and throw 'em in for free when people spend a buck on the book. But that isn't likely, so forget I said anything. One thing I do plan on accomplishing is assembling a preview book with pages from each of the first three issues, and uploading it here and there on the net. If I get that done, I'll be sure to include links here, at the Atomic Revolver MySpace page, on my board, and maybe at CBR or something...

I had a point when I started this blog, but I'm not sure what it was now...

Here, have a JACKIE page:

2 comments:

Ghost Image said...

"Barring (another) complete disaster, a week from now I'll be relaxing in Chicago for Wizard World. Relaxing may seem a strange term for it, but I don't plan on doing much more than hanging with friends and forgetting my troubles for a few days."

Yeah I can relate to the disasters thing... the last couple of days have almost made me take up drinking. Either way I will have beer for Chicago to help you relax. If you decide to go to Hala Kahiki on Fri or Sat and want a Desig. Driver let me know. Of course you would have to put up with Joel too.

Jason A. Hurley said...

HALA KAHIKI, BABY!

WOOT!