Saturday, June 21, 2008

Mining the old properties, and more critical chatter

I wonder if anyone holds the rights to the Italian wartime hero Ciclone : l’Uomo d’acciaio (Hurricane : the man of steel).

Something vaguely familiar about the character, but I can't quite put my finger on it.

CRITICA!

Timothy Callahan posted a link to the Sequart website's discussion on the role of reviewers, sparked by the earlier post here:

http://www.sequart.org/columns/?column=2180

It's interesting discussion. I would like to point out yet again that I was in no way responding to specific reviews of my own work. Hawaiian Dick is generally reviewed favorably, and very often reviewed quite well (with well written reviews), as a lot of the reviews seem to come from non comic reviewers. I was just using that as an example.

In related news, I had a long conversation with Josh Flanagan from the iFanboy podcast, in which we covered a broad range of subject related to the industry, and, of course, my own books. Should be up Sunday, I think.

No comments: