Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Dry Spell Ends soon

Man, the one drawback about slowing down to make sure your books drop on time is that you disappear from the racks for a while.

I've had little coming out over the past few months. The Troma anthology here in the next month, which barely counts. But I just turned in solicitation copy for HAWAIIAN DICK #1:

NEW TITLES (FULL PAGE LISTING):

HAWAIIAN DICK #1
story B. CLAY MOORE
art by SCOTT CHANTLER
cover STEVEN GRIFFIN


32 PAGES
FC
NOVEMBER 21
$2.99


"SCREAMING BLACK THUNDER, PART ONE"

The entire cast of Hawaiian Dick returns in this brand new ongoing series. Byrd meets a World War II flying squadron, who soon find themselves under attack by a Japanese fighter plane--in 1954! Meanwhile, old enemies begin to re-emerge. Art by TEK JANSEN and NORTHWEST PASSAGE artist Scott Chantler.


Blurbs:
ONGOING TROPICAL NOIR!
THE MULTI-EISNER NOMINATED SERIES RETURNS!


Feels good to get back in the game.

Also, just got off the phone with my DC editor, Mike Siglain, and it looks like the second thing I wrote (heretofore unmentioned) will probably debut in December, with the JSA CLASSIFIED arc debuting a month or two behind it. Ramon Perez sent me some of his inks for the first JSA issue last week, and they are fucking sweet. Mike loved them, too. Thank you, Ramon, for backing up my faith in you with brilliance.

As for the first thing, the art team may be in place this week. If so, I'll be a seriously happy camper. While I know I don't always control it with work-for-hire, I've been elated to be able to work with guys I want to work with to this point.

No comments: