Friday, May 04, 2007

He's Okay, I'm Okay

So this spider and I have an agreement. His web takes up a healthy corner of the upper righthand side of my front door frame. But it's just high enough that the kids and the wife barely register it, and so long as I exit somewhere near the middle of the doorway, I'm clear, too.

My first instinct was to knock that fucker down, but if he's not in my way, why should I get in his? Besides, I've noticed lots of those annoying little gnats that flit around the porchlight resting for good (or until he devours them) in his stringy home.

Me and the spider? We're cool.

1 comment:

Ghost Image said...

I have tried to have these kinds of truces... but my wife freaks at the first sign of a spider, and honestly I always expect it to swing down on my head as I walk by. Me and the spiders? Not so cool.