Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Thank you for being a friend

George Clooney is on this old episode of the The Golden Girls (as a cop holding a stakeout in the girls' apartment). I admire Clooney's career arc. He did his time in hell, worked his way along, and now sits on top of the world. Making good decisions most of the time. Or at least logical ones.

But it's almost painful to see him in this one.

Is it whiny and angst-ridden to note that your life is interesting but messy? I had a phone call today that underscored that fact. A creative exec for a big star, looking for info on available film rights. At this point, it's not shocking, thrilling or even providing all that much reason for optimism. I don't say that to be coy. That's just how it is. The only thing it does is reinforce my desire to splash around in that pond. I have no illusions about how Hollywood works, and I know that even more than a longshot, stuff out there is a complete crapshoot. But I get a kick out of the whole process. From the safety of HERE, anyway.

Blah blah, I'm at a point now where everything could either collapse or skyrocket, and it's not without some...no, fuck that...lots of stress. I imagine things will settle somewhere in between, but I sure hope they head way up. I don't think I can take much more of the stress.

This summer will be telling, in any event.

BTW, Clooney got shot at the end of this episode. Luckily, he survived.

4 comments:

Ghost Image said...

I "think" I can see where the stress would come from, and I can definitely see why you would view it all as a "crapshoot," but if it helps I like the Golden Girls too...

mellon said...

you ever see the magnum p.i. with christopher walken as a navy officer?

that'll put some stress on ya.

B. Clay Moore said...

I've never seen a full episode of Magnum, PI.

People tell me I should, though.

mellon said...

i don't blame you for staying away, but really i just kinda assumed it was a staple of your youth.

's what i get for having assumptions.